6. The nurse is selecting a password for access to the hospital information system. Which of the following would be the BEST choice for a password?
7. The use of a cover sheet when sending a fax containing patient information is a method of increasing security because the cover sheet ________.
usually can contain the important data
does not have any names or identifying information
will cover the data that is sensitive
will request a return call once the data is received
8. In a study of the use of mobile devices used in health care provider practice, ________ had no security measures in use on the device.
9. A student nurse would like to use a PDA in the care of an assigned patient should be told that ________.
mobile devices are not acceptable for use in health care
students should use traditional paper and pen for all documentation
no identifying information about the patient should be stored
only hospital-issued devices should be used for finding reference material
10. Sending health-related information from a wireless connection can be a risk to confidential information because ________.
most people utilize public computers to access wireless networks
wireless networks may have improper security for the transmission of health information
most individuals are not familiar with procedures used to access wireless networks
most computer owners are only familiar with Windows 7 which is less secure